Are you entitled to an extra £361 per year?
Free school meals are worth having; their daily value of £1.90 comes to a total of £361 a year for each child. Our pupils enjoy a range of hot meals, snacks and drinks which can be bought using the free school meal ticket at break or lunchtime.
By choosing a school meal you can be sure that you are making the best choice for your child's health. We provide well balanced menus that meet the Welsh Assembly Government's Nutritional Guidelines.
All meals are healthy, nutritious and of a high quality, and we support Fairtrade, organic produce and locally sourced foods.
Other benefits include:
School menus endorsed by qualified Dieticians.
- Fresh produce used wherever possible.
- We use reputable suppliers that provide top quality products.
- Our meals provide over one third of the nutrition and energy children need every day.
Free school meals are available to families in receipt of:
- Income Support
- Income Based Job Seekers Allowance
- Child Tax Credit (but not Working Tax Credit) with an annual income (as assessed by the Inland Revenue) not exceeding £16,190
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Employment Support Allowance (Income Related) (ESA (IR))
- Guaranteed Element of State Pension Credit
If you think your son / daughter might be eligible for free school meals and have not already applied, please contact the school on 029 2041 5250.