Overview of the School
Cantonian High School is a comprehensive, co-educational, 11-19 Secondary School. The Boys' and Girls' Grammar Schools merged with the Secondary School in 1968 to form the present school. There are two main buildings on a 30 acre site, situated in the Western suburbs of Cardiff between Llandaff and Fairwater, within easy reach of the city centre by rail or public transport.
There are approximately 600 pupils in the school, including approximately 160 in the Sixth Form.
Our commitment to equal opportunities for all, regardless of gender, race, religion, orientation or ability, is reflected in all aspects of the curriculum and daily procedures. Our school buildings are not, as yet, fully accessible to wheelchair users, although we are working to make reasonable adjustments.
You can download the 2012 Cantonian High School Prospectus854.14 KB here.
The School Aims
The best from each, success for all
To improve the quality of pupils' lives through their educational experience.
- To achieve school improvement through:
- Providing an inclusive and appropriate curriculum for all our pupils.
- Providing an improved, safe environment, which supports effective learning.
- Regularly celebrating success which creates a culture where achievement is valued.
- Providing consistently high standards of learning and teaching, which improve achievement across the curriculum, and all key stages.
- Developing a learning community that raises the status and value of education.
- Preparing pupils with the skills of literacy, numeracy and ICT by which they achieve their full potential.
- Empowering and motivating young people to achieve their best and develop into citizens who have respect for themselves and others.